Virtual Teachers’ Toolbox (VTT-Box)
The project aims to create a special virtual toolbox for teachers as a sophisticated tool for developing Open Online Distance Learning (OODL) courses which means open, online, flexible and technology enhanced education (OOFAT). The mixture of of the partners
ensures the necessary competences, values, skills and knowledge for developing an innovative approach to OODL. This project uses a strategic cooperation between formal and non-formal/informal educational providers using ICT based teaching and the
enhancement of digital integration in learning. It will be enhancing teachers’ professional development and support students‘ acquisition of values, skills and competences.
The 5 consortium members are well distributed in Europe:
- University of Crete, GR (specialised in innovative education) will focus on
supporting students‘ acquisition of skills and competences,
- EBI/EIE (AT) is a teacher training institution with experienced in Distance
Learning impacts in enhancing teachers’ professional development and in OODL
- The I.T.E VITTORIO VENETO SALVEMINI (IT) and
- Colegio Internacional Costa Adeje (ES) are two high schools (offering a multicultural background) with different orientation in teaching and experienced in eLearning and modern teaching methods.
- The Swedish Association for Distance Education (SADE) has a special focus on OODL and OOFAT and provides experience in quality enhancement systems.
The VVT-Box methodology focuses on items which are either not yet common or still missing in Open Online Distance Education as a
- Innovative approach to OODL
- Appropriate quality enhancement framework
- Innovative and completely new motivating self-evaluation method for students (Mandala method)
- New developed innovative tool for course creators
- Special training course for teachers to implement the new methods in course creation
- Transferability and evaluation guide to enable the transfer to other educational fields
The project started with October 1, 2017 and woll last for two years. The findings and outcomes of the project can be found at the project’s web page VTT-Box.
Tho follow the project’s activities and to read the related postings have a look at the project’s blog.