In the frame of the InterMedia project, we started a praxis test using a Chromebook. We want to test in which environment a Chromebook can be used and how day-to-day work with the device is structured.
The first experience is mixed: We found advantages as well as obstacles.
- Very quick device (has an I5 processor)
- Nice to work with the touchscreen
- Supports a mouse as pointing device
- Long working time (from the battery)
- Well-done connection to WiFi
- Does not support standard programs (Word, Photoshop, …)
- Local storage restricted
“What to do if you are not connected to the internet?”
- Dependent on a WiFi connection to the internet