The EBI/EIE was involved in numerous national and European projects. In these projects, the EBI/EIE was either coordinator or contributed to the project as researcher or executing partner.
The EBI/E/E participated in two important projects in the frame of the LLP program.
- Grundtvig Learning Partnership CreaTech (2008 – 2010)
- Grundtvig Multilateral Project Blended Learning Quality – Concepts Optimized for Adult Education (2013 – 2015)
Erasmus+ aims to promote the sustainable development of its partners in the field of higher education, In 2017, the EBI/EIE (with the partner association EFQUBL) started two new Erasmus+ Strategic Partnerships.
- Virtual Teachers‘ Toolbox (VTT-Box – School Project)
- Technology in Blended Learning (TIBL – VET Project)
In 2018, another three projects were launched:
- Flipped Adult Education (FAdE Adult Education)
- CICERO – Enhancing Digital Competence through Photography
- TEST – Technology Enhanced Science Teaching
New projects started in November 2020 (one with the EBI/EIE as a coordinator).
- Intermedia – Implementation of Interactivity and multimedia-based content using Multiple Devices in Adult Education
This will care about the development of multimedia-based and interactive content for courses using multiple devices.
This is an Erasmus+ Higher Education (with two universities as partners) with the aim to create a platform for a Community of Practice.
E4ALL – Education for All
The general aim of the project is to support adult educators in designing, delivering, and promoting more attractive and inclusive education for all generations of adult learners. The direct target group of the project includes the members, workers, co-workers, educators, and volunteers of the Third Sector adult education organisations
Projects with the new ERASMUS+ Programme (after 2020).
The priorities for the new Erasmus+ program include promoting inclusion, digitalization, and environmental sustainability while enhancing skills development and fostering innovation in the fields of education, training, youth, and sport.
The cooperation with the University of Cyprus enabled another project in 2022.
- DigiComPass – Digital Competences Recognition Framework for Adult Education
The project started in December 2022. It aims to develop a course package to enable adults to increase their digital competencies. The project focuses on the implementation of Flipped Learning 3.0.
The EBI/EIE will apply for new projects in the future. The focus will be set on Adult Education, Digital competencies for teachers, trainers, and adults, technology-enhanced teaching, training and learning, cultural awareness, and related items.