Introduction to Technology-Enabled Learning
Peter Mazohl, the head of the EBI, is an experienced trainer in Technology Enabled Learning. He started to teach using a learning platform in 2000, learned to implement and use a Moodle server, and finally worked successfully
Since 2013, his approach to teaching and training as based on flipped learning, since 2017 he enhanced the training approach to the Flipped Learning 3.0 Framework.”, offered by the Flipped Learning Global.
In 2021 he participated the MOOC “Technology-Enabled Learning” that had been offered by the Athabasca University (one of the biggest Distance Learning Universities) by interest – to “know what the others teach”. He passed the course and got certified.
The course content covered:
- Models of Technology-Enabled Learning
- The Community of Inquiry
- TPACK and TIM
- On Teaching Presence
- Technology in Education
- Integrating Technology in Education
- Benefits of Technology in Education
- Open Educational Resources
- Understanding Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Types of Open Licenses
- Finding OER
- Application of Technology
- Practical Application of Technology
- Getting Help with Technology
- Creating Technology-Enabled Learning
Peter Mazohl evaluated the course as an excellent opportunity for newbies to get the “big idea” and to create an overview of technology-enhanced learning. For experienced trainers it is an interesting possibility to stay informed and at the current level of technology-enhanced teaching and training as well as to become in contact with trainers that are also interested in this topic.